So much has and is happening in our world. It's not just the wired world we live in and it’s not just the instant knowledge of news wherever and whenever it happens. There really is a lot happening at a frantic pace. And, it's not good!
We live each day wondering what tragedy will befall our world next and there is fear, confusion, and anxiety to spare. I'm not here to depress us today, but we live in a very tumultuous, dangerous, and weird day. The scenes of brutality, carnage, and despair that used to play out only in videos from countries far from our home are showing up within arm’s reach. The freedoms and liberties we may have once taken for granted are being challenged and changed all around us. The peace and safety that many of us have known all our lives is being shattered and fear is beginning to set in. It has changed us!
We do not look at our safety the same way we did before. We do not look at our freedoms the same way we did before. These events and this time is changing us!
So, what has happened in our world?
• I don’t hear our bickering politicians talking about prayer any more
• I don’t hear “God Bless America” sung as much anymore
• Much of what is wrong with us, in our flesh, is on full disgusting display
Do we not need God now?
Can I tell you:
• as the world continues to fall off the cliff
• as evil expands its claim on humanity
• as thick black hopelessness invades our world
• as our world continues its frenetic changing act
Our God has not changed, at all. He’s still the same! He was the same yesterday, as He is today, and as He will be tomorrow. He changes not!
So, to the life that is:
• Lost; He’s still searching for you
• Scared; He still speaks peace
• Confused; He will bring you clarity
• Unloved; God is love
• Drifting; He is an anchor of wholeness
He’s still the same! You're not going to find that anywhere or with anyone else, any longer. God hasn't changed. He’s still the same! All you need is to grab hold of His hand and hold on. He will never leave you, forsake you, or change on you! He’s still the same!