So, we’re half the way through and I’ve got some questions:
• How’s your first half of 2018 going?
• Have you gotten done what you intended?
• Did you have any new year resolutions?
• If you did, did you follow through with them?
• Are you more intelligent, better fit and a more well-rounded person?
But, in reality, the only question that truly matters is:
• Are you closer to The Lord, than you were 6 months ago?
• Do you know more of His Word?
• Are you more attuned to His voice?
• Have you gotten rid of those weights that were holding you back?
• Is your prayer life better?
I know that looks like 5 questions but, in reality, they all are in conjunction with the first one. We only have a finite amount of time. Once it’s gone, it’s gone and nothing we do will ever bring it back. We must make sure that with all of our work, rest, family time, and entertainment choices that we utilize the time we have with God and become better Christians. The Pentecostal evangelist and missionary, Charles Studd, penned the words "Only one life 'twill soon be past. Only what's done for Christ will last.”
So, since we are half the way through the year 2018... And since there is nothing we can do with the time that has already passed... And since we may have regrets or lost opportunities ... And since nothing will change any of that...
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH THE SECOND HALF?
Psalms 90:12 says "So teach us to number our days, that we may apply our hearts unto wisdom."
Let the rest of this year really matter:
• Start that new prayer regimen
• Get back into your Bible reading
• Invest spiritually in a young person
• Change your church attendance practices and stop missing
• Reignite your family devotions
• Draw closer to God and shed the worthless weights of this world
• ___________________________________ (you fill it in)
Make the most of the 6 months that are left in this year!