A book is a lot like a life:
- A book has a beginning and a conclusion—as does our earthly existence
- Some books are lengthy and some are short
- Most are composed of several chapters and each chapter adds to the previous one with more knowledge and experience
- Some chapters are filled with joy's & success
- However, there are also chapters containing sadness, challenge, and tragedy
Each one of us is writing the book of his or her life, and learning, loving, and serving are all integral parts of the process. How do you want to be remembered and described by those who knew you during your life here on earth? How privileged we are to be writing the chapters of our lives at this juncture in history? With that privilege, there is a responsibility to be living in accordance with the teachings of Jesus Christ.
We are accountable for our actions and choices and have a personal accountability to the Savior for them. Our lives are made up of all the highs and lows, ins and outs and good times and bad, but our lives are a story that is being written every day that we live. Every moment of our life on this earth is writing the lines in the story of who we are. What story is our lives telling those who are around us?
Are you a good book?